28.2.10

Weekly Book

I have recently been going through a phase of loving WWII romances and corespondents.  After receiving the most thoughtful gift from My Sully for Christmas..a kindle I have begun to find every free book I could online. Then I came across The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows, the book is written in letter corespondents format between a young British women Julie and a literary circle on Guernsey Island during the German occupation of Britain. I've loved this book thus far and forgot how much the form of letter writing is entrancing.

I love how a letter and words can describe a feeling or a moment so perfectly. This is becoming a lost art form and I petition us all to begin to write letters again. I make a point of writing a letter each week to someone in my world that I have something new to tell and writing it in script in that fact. Also sending invitations via mail is something I have begun doing, I've tried to slowly to walk away from facebook and all its ties to my world these days its an addiction that I'm not fully ready to give up but I think I can resist logging on every day and looking at endless amounts friends pictures and comments and return to the lost art forms of our world they may not be the efficient way of doing things but is it not more meaningful and compassionate.

So to you my readers from Mark Twain 
of the depths of my happy heart wells a great tide of love and prayer for this priceless treasure that is confided to my life-long keeping.

You cannot see its intangible waves as they flow towards you, darling, but in these lines you will hear, as it were, the distant beating of the surf.


also another great book I read with this same theme was Dream When You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg-love it!!

No comments: